Today is a VERY VERY VERY special day! Today is my niece’s birthday! And so I am dedicating my blog today to wishing Lauren a very happy birthday. Now as Lauren embarks on her tween years…I have a couple of tips…..
1. Try to remember that make-up is for OLD women, in a feeble attempt to look as young and dewy fresh as you…so really, your Mom is right, you DON’T NEED IT.
2. It’s true, boys tease you because they like you.
3. The best way to handle someone who is being a pain; ignore them.
4. What you decide you want to be when you grow up, right now, this year, is probably your true self and what you are meant to be.
5. Girls, can be very very mean…BUT the right girls, can be your very bestest friends for the rest of your life.
6. The little voice inside yourself, that tells you things, even things everyone else says are silly or weird, trust the little voice…always trust it.
7. You may discover, Adults, not always right.
8. Adults…might not like it when you discover #7.
9. Don’t rush to be older…please, please, please, I PROMISE when you are old like me, you will look back and really love being the age that you are now and sometimes wish you could go back to the age you are now.
10. Yes, you are too young to read my books…at least until the young adult book comes out.
And…also, you are loved. I love you, your Mom and Dad love you, your grandparents, aunts, uncles, the list goes on and on and on. So happy birthday Love Bug!